avalon-dev mailing list archives

From "Robert" <rmcint...@bull-enterprises.com>
Subject RE: user list (was: build process (for documentation))
Date Mon, 06 May 2002 19:53:56 GMT
As a user, I give a +1 for a user list!

Which also brings up a potential question of who is using Avalon. We
know that several projects use it, such as Cocoon and JAMES, but any
thoughts about maybe adding a page for 'outside' users? (Like us of
course :-) ).

- Robert

-----Original Message-----
From: Leo Simons [mailto:leosimons@apache.org]
Sent: Monday, May 06, 2002 2:51 PM
To: Avalon Developers List
Subject: user list (was: build process (for documentation))

> I am upgrading my ADSL connection at home to the level requied to do
> nightly binary builds of Framework, Excalibur, LogKit, Phoenix,
> Cornerstone, Apps.  It should be online in a week.  I'll be able to
> upload jars & sars to ~hammant.  Peter will configure a copy script to

> get them onto the website.  After that, we can consider going for
> releases of Phoenix and Cornerstone.  It should bring on a dam-burst
of
> interest in Avalon.  Brace yerselves.

which brings us to the next phase of existence really.

With releases of all our subprojects, how long can we defer supporting
an avalon-user list? Should we make the move?

observation: more and more support kind of questions are popping up on
this list.

The good thing about a user list will be that we'll probably be forced
into writing more docs...

One thing I'm planning to do is create a very simple FAQ page where we
simply link questions into the mail archive, especially since we now
seem to have an in-house archive.

Too many plans for too little time...if I'd just disable xwrits...

cheers,

- LSD

For additional commands, e-mail:
<mailto:avalon-dev-help@jakarta.apache.org>