avalon-dev mailing list archives

From "Berin Loritsch" <blorit...@apache.org>
Subject RE: LogKit doesn't build
Date Wed, 08 May 2002 18:30:15 GMT
> From: Christopher Randall [mailto:crandall@tivre.com]
>
> I unzipped the LogKit src zip file to my local machine, and
> ran the Ant script, and the build fails right off the bat.
>
> The build script is warning me that a bunch of files are
> missing. Why does this happen? Why are the required files not
> included in the LogKit src ZIP file? I am not required to
> download a bunch of files when I build from the other Avalon
> source ZIP files.

LogKit has some _optional_ targets that it can send log messages
to if the jars are included.  The licensing for those jars
precludes us from including them:

JMS (Java Messaging Service) target,
JDBC (Database) target,
Servlet target (delegates to the servlet context's log method),
JavaMail target.

LogKit should be able to build if you do not have any of these
jars or apis in your classpath.

If it does not build, I would like to know what additional
jars it says you need.