avalon-dev mailing list archives

From "Carsten Ziegeler" <cziege...@s-und-n.de>
Subject RE: SourceResolve package does not compile
Date Mon, 22 Apr 2002 09:41:47 GMT

Peter Donald wrote:

> Hi,
>
> SourceResolver.resolveURI() can throw a ComponentException - would it be
> possible to change this to a SourceException so as to extract some
> dependencies from framework jar.

Hmm, I personally don't like creating new exception types, so the intension
here was to use an already existing one. I'm not against changing this,
but I see not the benefit as we have already other dependencies to the
framework.jar like ThreadSafe or something like that.

> Can we also make SourceResolver (and SourceFactory) not extend
> Component now
> or is Cocoon still relying on this in some way (and if it is is there
> something I can do to change this? ') ).

Hmm again, I see no problem in changing this, we simply have to declare
the interface in the Implementation then and everything should work fine.

Carsten