avalon-dev mailing list archives

From Peter Royal <pro...@managingpartners.com>
Subject [patch][altrmi] ClassCastException in lookup()
Date Wed, 17 Apr 2002 17:50:48 GMT
I'm using the AltrmiAuthentication to authenticate users against the altrmi
server. If an ExceptionReply was returned as part of the lookup, a
ClassCastException would occur. I have modified lookup() to check the object
type of the AltrmiReply to see if it is an ExceptionReply (which would occur
if authorization failed), which is the cause of the CCE.

I also noticed that lookup() was the same between both the ClientClass and
ServerClass factories so I moved the lookup() implementation into their
abstract superclass.

I'm using instanceOf to check the reply type, rather than checking the code
since the existing code did that for problem replies.
-pete