avalon-dev mailing list archives

From Peter Royal <pro...@managingpartners.com>
Subject Re: [altrmi] usage questions
Date Fri, 12 Apr 2002 11:28:29 GMT
On Friday 12 April 2002 02:11 am, Paul Hammant wrote:
> >The class in question had an import statement to a class that was not in
> > the servers classpath, and thus the exceptions. I figured it out when I
> > changed the method definition on the server method that was being called
> > to be the concrete class that was being passed rather than the interface.
>
> Yes, that is going to lead to loads of problems in the future.  What is
> a facade and what is a value object requires intricate knowledge of the
> class model in question.  I think a fail amount of support will be on
> that, unless AltRMI can be smart enough to issue appropriate messages.

Does standard RMI send needed .class files over the connection to the server
if the objects are not in its classpath? Its definitely doing something
different because with java rmi I didn't even have to put the specific class
that was being sent in the server's classpath. (I think I described that
correctly :)
-pete