avalon-dev mailing list archives

From Peter Royal <pro...@managingpartners.com>
Subject Re: [altrmi] usage questions
Date Fri, 12 Apr 2002 01:01:51 GMT
On Thursday 11 April 2002 05:49 pm, Peter Royal wrote:
> I was also getting this sending one of my classes from the client to the
> server (most things go from server->client, this is the most complex thing
> going back to the server):

success! learn something new every day. The altrmi behavior is different from
the standard RMI behavior, I'm not sure why.

The class in question had an import statement to a class that was not in the
servers classpath, and thus the exceptions. I figured it out when I changed
the method definition on the server method that was being called to be the
concrete class that was being passed rather than the interface.
-pete