avalon-dev mailing list archives

From "Leo Simons" <leosim...@apache.org>
Subject excalibur package naming (RE: [VOTE] Should Command be a sub of event?)
Date Wed, 03 Apr 2002 21:22:45 GMT
Most important *event* in medieval times:
joust
market

*Systems* used in medieval times:
nobility (duke),
monarchy (king),
sword (knight),
armor (platemail),
fortress (castle),
sorcery (morgana),
guild (peasanty),

*Components* in medieval, mythical england times:
spell (cantrip),
weapon (sword, lance),

*Component management*:
spellbook (arcana),
library (tome),
librarian (sage),

you could rename:
	excalibur.event -> excalibur.joust,
	excalibur.system -> excalibur.fortress,
	excalibur.component -> excalibur.sage

if you want more, I used to be (still am, to
some extend) a big AD&D freak (me, I'm geek to
the bone :) so I can dig up a _lot_ more for
you if you have specific requests...you could
have excalibur.component named to
excalibur.sword and different component
imps and manager excalibur.broadsword,
excalibur.katana, excalibur.longsword, ...

note: if we ever do rename framework I think
"camelot" would be the term for it (even though
that used to be something else), as camelot
really was the core of Avalon =)

cheers,

- Leo