avalon-dev mailing list archives

From Ole Bulbuk <Ole.Bul...@ebp.de>
Subject I18nException
Date Tue, 23 Apr 2002 12:47:05 GMT
Hi,

I would like to suggest an internationalized/localized Exception, that is
really returning a localized message when getLocalizedMessage() is called.
It could/should extend CascadingException and provide something like the
following constructors:

1. I18nException(Object hint, Serializable[] params, Throwable cause)
2. I18nException(Serializable[] params, Throwable cause)
3. I18nException(Serializable[] params)
4. I18nException(Object hint, Serializable[] params)

The hint would help in finding the right format string (added to the FCQN of
the exception).
The params are used as the arguments array to MessageFormat.format() and the
cause is of course used for the CascadingException.

I would be willing to provide such an exception class if desired.
I suppose it would be best to have it in the
org.apache.avalon.excalibur.i18n package since people who don't care about
i18n won't make use of it anyway.

Otherwise I will put it in a EBP (company) package if you aren't interested.
Getting it out later will be more difficult since people here might think I
stole it from the company.

Regards,

Ole
--
Ole Bulbuk              Tel.:   0331/74759/60
Ernst Basler + Partner  Fax:    0331/74759/90