avalon-dev mailing list archives

From Berin Loritsch <blorit...@apache.org>
Subject Re: Do you *really* not need localized exceptions?
Date Wed, 24 Apr 2002 15:00:02 GMT
Stephen McConnell wrote:
> Ole:
>
> Je veux dire que je suis tout a fait d'accord avec toi
> concernant la question de l'internationalization des
> exceptions au niveau du serveur. Dans la plupart des
> systemes serveur et les infrastructures de logging, le
> message des exceptions arrive avec aucune consideration
> pour la langue natale des administrateurs. Bien sur,
> ici en France il y a beacoup de gens Francais qui ont
> une preference pour le travail dans leur langauge
> natale.
>
> Une observation: c'est peut-etre mieux de faire
> l'implantation d'internationalization du message
> directement dans les classes CascadingException and
> CascadingRuntimeException.
>
> De ce fait je suis en general d'accord avec votre
> proposition.
>
> +1
>
> Cheers, Steve.

For those who don't speak french, Babelfish mangled it this
way:

Ole: I want to say that I agree completely with you relating to the
question of the internationalization of the exceptions on the level of
the waiter. In the majority of the systems waiter and the
infrastructures of logging, the message of the exceptions arrives with
any consideration for the native language of the administrators. Well
on, here in France there is beacoup French people who have a preference
for work in their langauge native. An observation: it is perhaps better
to do the establishment of internationalization of the message directly
in the classes CascadingException and CascadingRuntimeException. This
fact I agree in general with your proposal.

Didn't you know that server==waiter?

What do you say, shouldn't we change the description of Phoenix to
"a pluggable micro-kernel based waiter"?

  deserve neither liberty nor safety."
                 - Benjamin Franklin