avalon-dev mailing list archives

From Leif Mortenson <l...@tanukisoftware.com>
Subject Re: Intrument package
Date Fri, 19 Apr 2002 08:18:38 GMT
Vincent Tence wrote:

>We may have to use the instrument stuff in our next project so I had a
>look at it. It looks amazing!
>
>I am quite excited about trying it now but so much work has been put
>into it I feel it's gonna take me ages to learn ;-)
>Do we have any kind of "Intrument for Dummies" docs somewhere?

I still need to get the docs for the Instrument packages done. To see
the basics,
take a look at the example in the instrument-manager package. It shows
you how
to get an Instrumentable component up and running with an InstrumentManager.

To see the instrument data, you will need to run a client. The client
can be run by
building and running the example in the instrument-client package.

The instument package is pretty much stable. I am still adding features
to the
instrument-manager and instrument-client packages.

Take a look at the examples, but let me know if something doesn't make
sense. :-)

Cheers,
Leif