avalon-dev mailing list archives

From Leif Mortenson <l...@tanukisoftware.com>
Subject Re: Status of Excalibur build
Date Thu, 18 Apr 2002 15:52:06 GMT

Jeff Turner wrote:

>I think you're referring to messages like this:
>
>update_dependency:
>	 [echo] Couldn't find
>	 /home/jeff/apache/jakarta/jakarta-avalon-excalibur/component/../util/dist/excalibur-util-1.0.jar

>Updating files from dependency
>     /home/jeff/apache/jakarta/jakarta-avalon-excalibur/component/../util
>

>That is just a diagnostic message. It means that to build "component" we
>needed the util jar, so now we're going to invoke ../util/build.xml,
>after which the util jar should be present.

I was seeing those.  Then when building the mega-jar task, the default
properties file was looking
for the jars in the dist directories.  The jar tasks on the subprojects
do not put them in there.  Once
I got things setup correctly in my .ant.properties file to point to the
build/lib directories, things worked.

I'll play with removing the need for the .ant.properties file entries in
the AM.

Cheers,
Leif