avalon-dev mailing list archives

From Leif Mortenson <l...@tanukisoftware.com>
Subject Status of Excalibur build
Date Thu, 18 Apr 2002 04:29:18 GMT
Currently, if you run 'ant clean' followed by 'ant'. You get lots of
depchecker failures.
(At least I do). Looking at the root build.xml file, I do not see how
this could have been
working for anyone as the subprojects are not being built in the correct
order. (jar task)
See the mega-jar task for the correct order. Also can't these be combined?

Running 'ant mega-jar' kind of works, but it still has several
depchecker problems. I
have attempted to get these cleaned up.

Currently when the depchecker fails to find a file, it prints a message
and then continues
with the build. This results in the root build succeeding when there
were several
projects that were not actually build. It seems like the build should
fail when a jar is
missing.

In the default.properties file in the root, all of the subproject home
directories are
pointing to the dist subdirectories. This causes the build to look for
the jars there
by default. The problem is that the jars are not being placed in those
directories
by the individual builds. Rather they are being placed in the build/lib
directories.
I set the properties in my home/.ant.properties file, but the defaults,
or the subproject
builds should probably be updated.

Cheers,
Leif