avalon-dev mailing list archives

From Berin Loritsch <blorit...@apache.org>
Subject Re: org.apache.avalon.excalibur.command
Date Tue, 09 Apr 2002 13:39:40 GMT
Gregory Steuck wrote:
> Hello everybody (and Berin in particular),
>
> I am about to start building a new system where it is sensible to use
> a SEDA-like architecture. Having lurked on avalon-dev for some time I
> thought of giving CommandManager/ThreadManager a try. Couple of
> question before I jump in head-first:
>
> Maturity:
> Do we know of any success stories?

The new container stuff uses the CommandManager.  I am still playing
with it.  As far as I know it is functional, but there are no guarantees
that it is error free.

> Use scenario:
> CommandManager & ThreadManager are not components and I don't quite
> see how they are related to the life cycle management parts of Avalon.
> Are they at all? Or is it more of my app concern?

Excalibur is a group of components or utilities that assist you in your
development efforts.  It is an app concern--not a lifecycle management
concern.

> Thanks
> Greg
>
> --