avalon-dev mailing list archives

From Leif Mortenson <l...@tanukisoftware.com>
Subject Re: Release requirements?
Date Fri, 05 Apr 2002 00:48:36 GMT
Eung-ju Park wrote:

>>I was thinking about what should be the minimum requirements for us to
>>release a component from excalibur. I was thinking that the following
>>
>would
>
>>be good as minimum requirements.
>>
>>* must pass checkstyle with 0 violations (which basically means lots more
>>javadocing)
>>

>Javadocing all method of implementation class is painful to me.
>I already javadocing Cache interface. But checkstyle need javadoing all
>method
>of  AbstractCache, ValidatingCache, SynchronizedCache, LRUCache...
>Are we must pass checkstyle with 0 violations?
>
>All other requirements is good.

:-)  I know that it is difficult, but remember that without all of the
javadocs, it is very difficult for
someone else to use the classes correctly and understand how to create
them.  Remember that
there are lots of people willing to help out improving the javadocs
later once there is something
to work with.  So please make at attempt at them.

Cheers,
Leif