avalon-dev mailing list archives

From Paul Hammant <Paul_Hamm...@yahoo.com>
Subject Re: Recursive dependencies
Date Wed, 03 Apr 2002 06:42:06 GMT
Jeff,

>Just recently, it seems some code in Excalibur's scratchpad has gained a
>dependency on Command. Unfortunately, Command has a dep on scratchpad,
>so the whole thing is unbuildable.
>
>Commenting out the scratchpad <javac> fixes the problem for now.

Interesting.

In theory we could allow recursive dependancies if we had interface/impl
separation to the extent where all interfaces were built before impls.
My assumption is that AImpl requires BInterface and Bimpl requires
AInterface.

We could split the compiles into two stages :

  <!-- interface compile -->
       <javac srcdir="${java.dir}"
           destdir="${build.classes}"
           debug="${build.debug}"
           optimize="${build.optimize}"
           deprecation="${build.deprecation}">
        <classpath refid="project.class.path" />
        <exclude name="org/apache/excalibur/aaa/impl/**" />
      </javac>

  <!-- impl compile -->
       <javac srcdir="${java.dir}"
           destdir="${build.classes}"
           debug="${build.debug}"
           optimize="${build.optimize}"
           deprecation="${build.deprecation}">
        <classpath refid="project.class.path" />
        <exclude name="org/apache/excalibur/aaa/*" />
      </javac>

Thoughts?

Regards,

- Paul