avalon-dev mailing list archives

From Paul Hammant <Paul_Hamm...@yahoo.com>
Subject Re: Sub Project Minimum Doc Guidelines
Date Tue, 02 Apr 2002 22:30:04 GMT
Peter, Berin,

Agree.... but ...

>+1
>On Wed, 3 Apr 2002 05:30, Berin Loritsch wrote:
>
>>I think we should have the following guildelines for all of our
>>projects:
>>
>>* JavaDocs existing and linked to from the project documentation
>>* JUnit test results from last release if they exist should be linked to
>>* Download should map to:
>>
>>http://jakarta.apache.org/builds/jakarta-avalon/release/${project}/lates
>>t/

I think we need to have subdirs inside release/ and nightly/

>>That way the user is sent directly to the latest release available.
>>
>>* Optional: diagram docs.  They are useful, but unless we have a way to
>>     generate them from the code, we shouldn't include them.

I have contacted the author of the Doxygen Ant Target and will be
helping him make it better on SF.
Doxygen will allow us to reverse engineer class diags from source.
Alternatively see my crap alternative : http://clad.sourceforge.net/

>>* Features document listing what is there--unless there are
>>sub-sub-projects.
>>  The sub-sub-projects are the features of the sub-projects.
>>  - In Excalibur/Apps each sub-sub-project (aka datasources, ftp-server)
>>    are the features.
>>  - Each sub-sub-project should have a list of features that describe
>>it.
>>
>>Let me congratulate Paul on his great work, and see if this can help
>>all of us out more.

Ahh, man a couple of color changes make the illusion of much work ;-)

- Paul