avalon-dev mailing list archives

From Paul Hammant <paul_hamm...@yahoo.com>
Subject Re: Spamming being done in my name...
Date Mon, 29 Apr 2002 12:49:51 GMT
Nicola,

> They are doing the same on the Cocoon list for all developers, using other
> developers' names as the sender.
>
> Gee, how _stupid_ this is!

Indeed.  I was talking to the JAMES guys trying to persuade them to draft an RFC for 'DYST'.
This
is a 'did you sent this' query that mail servers could ask each other (with digest and message
id)
that would close off some avenues for spam, with the downside that it makes the mail exchange
slower.  But less SPAM means more bandwidth yes?

-ph