avalon-dev mailing list archives

From Jeff Turner <j...@socialchange.net.au>
Subject avalon-logkit.jar -> logkit.jar
Date Wed, 24 Apr 2002 12:57:36 GMT
Hi,

Last I checked, some ant.properties.samples files used ${logkit.jar} and
some ${avalon-logkit.jar}. All my fault; I initially started using
'avalon-logkit.jar' for consistency with 'avalon-framework.jar' and
'avalon-excalibur.jar'. But even more important is keeping the property
name equal to the jar name (logkit.jar), and since LogKit has no deps on
Avalon, I wouldn't think changing the jar name to avalon-logkit.jar is a
good idea.

So the alternatives:

 1) Fully adopt ${avalon-logkit.jar}, despite the jar being called
    'logkit.jar'
 2) Deprecate ${avalon-logkit.jar} (print a warning) and go back to
    ${logkit.jar}.
 3) Adopt ${logkit.jar} without the deprecation.

Any preferences? I'm ready to go with 2) unless I hear otherwise.

--Jeff