avalon-dev mailing list archives

From Paul Hammant <paul_hamm...@yahoo.com>
Subject Re: Lifecycleable interface
Date Wed, 10 Apr 2002 13:14:06 GMT
> Honestly, I'm not sure what problem you are trying to solve.
> Perhaps you could give a little background?

Jesktop is compiled like any other Application.  Hosted comps could be downloaded and installed
and run as GUI apps.  Some could provide as well as use services.  Say one was "Storable"
or
"StoreAware",  Jesktop could check in a kernel like way if any subsequent hosted applications
needed to use the Storable servcice and using AltRMI pipe that service to the component.

Or,  Jesktop is a block, with appropriate assemble.xml.  Some deployer could take Jesktop,
add a
couple more blocks (say Storable again) and re-sar.  Jesktop could in it configuration have
some
names blocks that it could lookup.  Jesktop's kernel could .isAssignableFrom() all apps (hosted
comps) that it instantiates to see if thay service was required.  It could decorate it via
the
Lifecycleable interface and the impling classes with that service without ever have known
about it
at the compilation time.

In a nutshell, an interface that all the lifecycle methods could have adaptors for, as well
as new
lifecycles interfaces, either at Apache or bespoke ones - BlueToothable, IRDAable ....

- Paul