avalon-dev mailing list archives

From Jeff Turner <j...@socialchange.net.au>
Subject Re: excalibur package naming (RE: [VOTE] Should Command be a sub of event?)
Date Fri, 05 Apr 2002 14:56:32 GMT
On Fri, Apr 05, 2002 at 09:50:02AM -0400, Gonzalo A. Diethelm wrote:
> >   + Strict adherence to accepted engineering terms whenever applicable.
> >     If none is instantly applicable, derive a new one but make sure that
> >     it can be understood by someone only familiar with the words it
> >     were derived from. (I.e. initialize -> Initializable.initialize (),
> >     absolutely not initialize -> BraveElvenWarrior.attack ())
>
> [snip]
>
> Guys, this HAS to be the funniest serious thread I have
> read in a long while... I really thought it was an April
> Fool's joke when I read the first post, but the fact that
> this is a proposal in earnest makes the exchange even
> funnier.

I say we extend the medieval naming thing to committers, and insist on
full honorifics at the top of each email. As Leo is so wonderfully
entertaining when pushed, he can be the Court Jester.

-- Sir Geoffrey, Master of Dependencies

(ducking, running, profusely apologising to Leo whom he agrees with.. ;)