avalon-dev mailing list archives

From Peter Donald <pe...@apache.org>
Subject Re: Build Failure with strange location of jar
Date Fri, 05 Apr 2002 01:42:33 GMT
On Fri, 5 Apr 2002 11:13, Jeff Turner wrote:
> > Could you put the above property reading at the bottom of the precedence
> > chain?
>
> I'm okay to move it, if we can also source ${user.home}/build.properties
> at the beginning.

okay.

I understand why you do things like that - I actually argued for making ant
effectively do something like

<property file="${ant.home}/site.properties"/>

to load per-site defaults (but still allow them to be overidden by users).
Unfortunately this was -1'ed at the time though it may be possible to change
this in next ant revision - hopefully ;)

> The thing that really swayed me was the order of sourcing
> './ant.properties' and '../ant.properties'. If you're going to source
> ${user.home} last, then I'm sure you'd also want the order there to be:
>
> <property file="ant.properties"/>
> <property file="../ant.properties"/>

+1

--