avalon-dev mailing list archives

From Leo Simons <...@leosimons.com>
Subject RE: excalibur package naming (RE: [VOTE] Should Command be a sub of event?)
Date Thu, 04 Apr 2002 12:19:40 GMT
> Still trying to figure out whether this is an April Fool's joke
> that started two days ago, but I'd like to make a case for
> boredom, three-piece suits (gray ones) propose:
>
>          excalibur.system -> excalibur.container

The thread was started because we have a problem: excalibur can contain multiple implementations
of component managers, systems, event packages, commands, etc.

Claiming excalibur.system for a package means that an alternative to that package will have
difficulty competing.

Please see http://www.mail-archive.com/avalon-dev%40jakarta.apache.org/msg07515.html

> On another, more personal note, it will make it very difficult
> for me to 'sell' Avalon internally: Having one cool codename is fine,
> but if I were to list ten or more when briefing the CTO on what
> I intend to do...
>
>   ...I will be laughed out of the room.
>   ...the Avalon project will get a 'geeks only' stamp on it.

:) Are there any no-geeks developing Avalon? I get the point, tho.

The questions is: where's the balance?

- Leo