avalon-dev mailing list archives

From Jeff Turner <j...@socialchange.net.au>
Subject Re: New dependency checking system in CVS
Date Wed, 03 Apr 2002 12:11:22 GMT
On Wed, Apr 03, 2002 at 08:17:21PM +1000, Peter Donald wrote:

> > So I've added 'depchecking.sh', a small script to do the correct update
> > of just the relevant files. On Unix, run 'source depchecking.sh'.  On
> > Windows, cut'n'paste.
>
> all seems to work for me (once comment out scratchpads javac).
>
> Thanks heaps!
>
> +1 for moving it to the main tree

Good-o.. still need to:

 - fix the instrument-client problem that Berin/Paul mentioned. Easily
   done by compiling before declaring the altrmi taskdef.
 - Add a ${message} param for explaining where to get jars (Paul's
   suggestion).
 - fix the circular deps. Horrible problem..
 - put common checks in depchecker.xml targets, thereby building up a
   reusable library of dependency checks.

I have Evil Designs on jakarta-avalon-apps with this system too.. cut
down on that 20mb download.

--Jeff