avalon-dev mailing list archives

From Peter Donald <pe...@apache.org>
Subject Re: [VOTE] Should Command be a sub of event?
Date Wed, 03 Apr 2002 08:57:25 GMT
So what if you can use the command pattern without events? We are talking
about a specific implementation that is tied to directly to events and the
event package ;) I definetly think it should be a subpackage.

BTW Berin this is why I dislike generic names like command, event and system
because it causes confuision not clarity ;) Codenames or other abstract names
allow much easier understanding after initial learning curve. They also make
it MUCH easier to have different implementations of same style of component
or even different versions.

ie Compare excalibur.component and excalibur.system withi phoenix and
excalibur.merlin. All of them do essentially the same thing but at least when
you talk about phoenix and excalibur.merlin you know exactly what you are
talking about and it is much easier to find new names for things. ie merlin
is an extension of phoenix in many ways as system is an extension of
component. I have heard quite a few people talk about component package and
in one sentence mean the framework package and in the other excalibur
package. Breeds confusion and is yucky.

--
Cheers,

Pete