avalon-dev mailing list archives

From Peter Donald <pe...@apache.org>
Subject Re: Building LogKit
Date Wed, 03 Apr 2002 07:16:58 GMT
On Wed, 3 Apr 2002 16:53, Carsten Ziegeler wrote:
> Hi,
>
> today I tried to build logkit and it was much easier than building
> excalibur yesterday :)
>
> But I had problems with the optional classes for servlets. From the build
> file:
>
>   <property name="servlet.jar" value="${lib.dir}/servlet.jar"/>
>
>   <path id="project.class.path">
>     <pathelement path="${java.class.path}" />
>     <pathelement location="${junit.jar}"/>
>     <pathelement path="${servlet.jar}" />
>     <pathelement path="${j2ee.jar}" />
>     <pathelement path="${jdbc.driver.jar}" />
>     <fileset dir="${lib.dir}">
>       <include name="*.jar" />
>       <exclude name="servlet*.jar" />
>     </fileset>
>     <pathelement path="${build.classes}" />
>   </path>
>
> So if my servlet classes are not in a jar named servlet.jar in the lib
> directory
> I have some problems as it is exclude (exclude name="servlet*.jar").
> Is this by intention?

The exclude was intentional. The idea was that you would always usethe
servlet.jar specified in property rather than the one that was in lib dir. If
you want we can remove the exclude however the intention was that you
specifiy the following in an .ant.properties file if you wanted to use
another version

servlet.jar=lib/servlet-2.3.jar

--
Cheers,

Pete

 We shall not cease from exploration, and the
  end of all our exploring will be to arrive
 where we started and know the place for the
        first time -- T.S. Eliot