avalon-dev mailing list archives

From Jeff Turner <j...@socialchange.net.au>
Subject Re: New dependency checking system in CVS
Date Mon, 01 Apr 2002 11:46:40 GMT
On Mon, Apr 01, 2002 at 12:32:06PM +0100, Paul Hammant wrote:
> Jeff,
>
> From the newbie's experience, this is still have an issue if junit is
> missing....

Ah yes, forgot to do the junit checks for anything except
io. Will fix it now.

> I appreciate that we all have junit in Ant's lib dir, but the newbie
> does not.  I think a simple warning would be good enough :

The warning would be:

            | CLASS NOT FOUND:                                               |
            |  junit.framework.Test
            | A jar containing class:                                        |
            |   junit.framework.Test
            | must be in your classpath or Ant lib directory                 |
            |   ${ant.home}/lib
            | Typically it is in a jar called:                               |
            |   junit.jar

That can be modified to include a customized message if you like.

--Jeff