avalon-dev mailing list archives

From "Berin Loritsch" <blorit...@apache.org>
Subject RE: excalibur package naming (RE: [VOTE] Should Command be a sub of event?)
Date Wed, 03 Apr 2002 21:42:08 GMT

Don't forget the barons :)  (Those dirty scoundrels)

> *Components* in medieval, mythical england times:
> spell (cantrip),
> weapon (sword, lance),
>
> *Component management*:
> spellbook (arcana),
> library (tome),
> librarian (sage),
>
> you could rename:
> 	excalibur.event -> excalibur.joust,
> 	excalibur.system -> excalibur.fortress,
> 	excalibur.component -> excalibur.sage

excalibur.event -> excalibur.joust

sounds decent--but maybe we could do something better.
Perhaps play on the messenger aspect (towncryer?)

excalibur.system->excalibur.fortress

I _really_ like that.  Consider it a +1 from me.

excalibur.component -> ****

We have to support the old package name because of
backwards compatibility. :(

> if you want more, I used to be (still am, to
> some extend) a big AD&D freak (me, I'm geek to
> the bone :) so I can dig up a _lot_ more for
> you if you have specific requests...you could
> have excalibur.component named to
> excalibur.sword and different component
> imps and manager excalibur.broadsword,
> excalibur.katana, excalibur.longsword, ...
>
> note: if we ever do rename framework I think
> "camelot" would be the term for it (even though
> that used to be something else), as camelot
> really was the core of Avalon =)

:)