avalon-dev mailing list archives

From "Berin Loritsch" <blorit...@apache.org>
Subject RE: The site
Date Tue, 02 Apr 2002 19:12:25 GMT

Excellent work, my friend.

> Our detractors should be pacified a little.  Avalon concepts are not
> scarey or illogical, and we are now pushing the website to
> reflect that. If people see things that are wrong and cannot
> fix them themselves
> please email me with diffs and location.  I am quite willing
> to handle
> the udates that are a consequence of change.

Cool.

> Todo ....
>
> * Excalibur docs.  I can't build excalibur and there are no
> central docs
> target.

Each sub-project should probably have a docs target with some
specific XDocs.  The parent target would have the main page that
binds everything together.

One thing that I was thinking of:

Since we have *a lot* of subprojects in Excalibur, there is no
way to have a neat list of *all* the subprojects.  It is unfortunate,
but it is a reality.

Sun.java.com solves this problem with a drop box.  You can go directly
to the project of choice using the drop box.  I think that might be
the way to go for Docs organization.

> * Downloadable Cornerstone, Apps, and PDK - all missing and
> something I
> can;t fix as it will require some design concerning the nightly build
> batch files and access to them.

We need to have an official release of everything ASAP.  Let's start
with a Cornerstone/Phoenix/Apps:Demo/PDK joint release.  As the rest
of Apps gets ready for a release (Apps:FTP would be good), we should
release them individually.

Excalibur needs to finish, get their docs online, and get going.

Man, Maven would rock for the Excalibur documentation system.  We can
have a whole set of well organized pages for each subproject with only
a project.xml per sub project.  Any further docs would be optional.