avalon-dev mailing list archives

From <david.g...@hic.gov.au>
Subject Logkit: RevolvingFileStrategy - suggested changes.
Date Mon, 25 Mar 2002 03:44:59 GMT

May have to rethink somewhat this code as I forgot to take account of what
happens when only some of the rotations are present eg there are 10
rotations specified but the system has only written a lessor number out.
Discovered when I tried the change under AIX.

Here is a revised version which seems to show the right behaviour (at least
on the Unix system at work). I will observe the behaviour over the next few
days to check that it really does roll over correctly.

(See attached file: RevolvingFileStrategy.java)

---------------------- Forwarded by David Gray/CO/HIC on 25/03/2002 14:18

David Gray
25/03/2002 09:16