avalon-dev mailing list archives

From "Jörg Bauer/Denic" <ba...@denic.de>
Subject Making Phoenix more configurable
Date Fri, 08 Mar 2002 08:02:56 GMT
I wanted to exchange the DefaultManager with a new Manager doing the
JMX-Management with MX4J ( was openJMX).
I found out that there is no "out-of-the-box" possibility to define wich
class should be used for the different parts of the phoenix system.

I started to change the DefaultEmbeddor to read a
{phoenix.home}/conf/phoenix.xml to get the information he needs to setup
the different parts:
(example):

<phoenix>
                <systemManager
class="org.apache.avalon.phoenix.components.manager.DefaultMX4JManager">
                        <port>111</port>
                        <httpAdapter>8082</httpAdapter>
                        <user>admin</user>
                        <password>phoenix</password>
                </systemManager>
</phoenix>

modules not mentioned there still use the old "Default"-implementations.
If the modules implement "Configurable" they get a "Configuration".

Questions:
- am i on the right way ???
- is it ok to read this in the DefaultEmbeddor or should this happen in
CLIMain (giving us the possibility to even overwrite DefaultEmbeddor())
???