avalon-dev mailing list archives

From "Gonzalo A. Diethelm" <gonzalo.dieth...@aditiva.com>
Subject RE: Components for HTTP apps
Date Tue, 19 Mar 2002 14:17:15 GMT
> > a) session management
> > b) upload of files
> > c) parameter passing (URL? POST? hidden variables?)
> > d) error handling
> > e) others...
> >
> > 1. Are these reasonable candidates for Avalon components?
> >    For instance, (c) could take an incoming HttpRequest and
> >    parse it out, making available to the app all the
> >    parameters' names and values, no matter how these
> >    parameters were specified (URL, POST, etc.).
>
> yep.
> Sounds like a great contribution. You may want to look at
> stuff in Cocoon and see if it can be refactored or copied
> across or whatever.

Anybody else on the list can voice their opinion on this?
I got a reply from the Cocoon list, saying they do have
at least part of these components, but that they are not
generic enough (being closely related to servlet processing)
to warrant inclusion in Excalibur. Thoughts?

--
Gonzalo A. Diethelm
gonzalo.diethelm@aditiva.com