avalon-dev mailing list archives

From "Gonzalo A. Diethelm" <gonzalo.dieth...@aditiva.com>
Subject RE: Question: Avalon and EJBs together
Date Wed, 27 Mar 2002 15:24:38 GMT
> I think he was interesting in using avalon-framework interfaces in EJB.
>
> Therefore I will assume you mean avalon-framework interfaces when you say
> "Avalon" (refer 1,2,3,4 above).

Yeah, sorry for not being precise. I want to use Framework (as
a set of rules, practices, interfaces) and Excalibur (as already-
made components) in my architecture.

> >* Start from a simple but meaningful Avalon example (non-EJB).
>
> Hmmm, non EJB.  Well I will refer you to phoenix comps that I know best.
> Look for HelloWorld server in jakarta-avalon-apps.  Alternatively look
> for uses of methods "compose" "contextualize" "initialize" "start" in
> the same CVS tree.

Ok, I will check the HelloWorld server; didn't even know it exists!

> >* Add and EJB piece (maybe a stateless session bean), unrelated
> >  to the Avalon functionality.
>
> Can't help.  Would like to se the simple example myself.

I think I understand enough know that I could work on this by myself,
starting from the HelloWorld server example. Will let you know.

> >* Unify logging across the Avalon and EJB parts.
>
> 1) Implement LogEnabled 2) how to invoke the enableLogging() method in a
> bean machine.... I'd like to see that too.

I'll try to do some research here as well.

> >That's why I'm very hopeful in seeing whatever documentation
> >Vincent and Jeremias can come up with.
>
> Me too.

Risking bad form (since I started this): me too!

Seriously, I want to take the chance to thank everybody who
has been helpful with my research. While looking at a document
is probably a lot easier and less time consuming, trial and
error is usually a lot more fun. I just wish I had more time...

So, again, thanks go to everybody.

--
Gonzalo A. Diethelm
gonzalo.diethelm@aditiva.com