avalon-dev mailing list archives

From "Gonzalo A. Diethelm" <gonzalo.dieth...@aditiva.com>
Subject RE: Question: Avalon and EJBs together
Date Tue, 26 Mar 2002 13:02:37 GMT
> Gonzalo,

Hi Paul,

> You are going to have to wade into source then.

Ok.

> Are you interested most in
>
> 1) framework methods
> 2) the excalibur tool kit
> 3) logging the avalon way
> 4) server apps co-exiting in the same virtual machine?

Yes... ;-) I guess what Vincent Massol achieved (integrating
Avalon and EJBs) is EXACTLY what I'm looking after:

> > Thus we are able :
> > - to use Avalon Components
> > - to use standard java classes (to be migrated to components
> >   in the future or will act as helper classes of components)
> > - to use EJBs
> > - All 3 kinds can call each other with no problem
> > - All 3 kind use a unified system configuration file
> > - All 3 kind use a unified logging service (based on Log4j)

> There are hundreds of concise bits of code for an example orientated
> person (like you and me).  Please tell me which of the above so I can
> direct you further.

I don't know if I'm being specific enough. I guess I would
find extremely useful if I could do the following:

* Start from a simple but meaningful Avalon example (non-EJB).
* Add and EJB piece (maybe a stateless session bean), unrelated
  to the Avalon functionality.
* Unify logging across the Avalon and EJB parts.
* Unify configuration across the Avalon and EJB parts.
* Come up with some sort of "base component" (a base class?
  an interface? a pattern? a set of documents?) that shows
  how one should write Avalon and EJBs together.

That's why I'm very hopeful in seeing whatever documentation
Vincent and Jeremias can come up with.

> - Paul

Thanks for the help,

--