avalon-dev mailing list archives

From "Leo Simons" <m...@leosimons.com>
Subject RE: Cocoon 4 docs == complex
Date Thu, 21 Mar 2002 18:45:34 GMT
Our use case: have a simple way to transform xml documents
into html in an ant-enabled way.

Anakia's target use case: have a simple way to transform
xml documents documents into html in an ant-enabled way.

Cocoon's target use case: create a dynamic performant
website aggregating data from multiple formats and places
and output in a variety of formats using arbitrarily
complex business logic. (so its not correct and I didn't
bother to look it up, but hey ;)

Anakia is good at what it does, as is cocoon. Until
there is a cocoon component that fills the same use case
as anakia does, anakia is the better choice.

Has nothing to do with the quality of either, imo.

BTW, I'm probably getting a green light to use cocoon
as the content delivery system part of a tomcat based
content management system. Finally I get to use some
jakarta and xml@apache code where it matters =)

regards,

- Leo