avalon-dev mailing list archives

From "Leo Simons" <leosim...@apache.org>
Subject RE: Maven, forrest, gump - Oh my!
Date Tue, 26 Mar 2002 20:27:56 GMT
<snip>

> Maven will stabilize quickly I imagine.

<snip>

> I'm not going to try and ram this down anyone's throat but I don't
> consider build systems that exciting but it has consumed enough of my
> time when there are problems to point where I think a unified build
> mechanism has some value so that developers can focus on their work.
>
> Yada yada yada :-)

all of us agree and we're really grateful for your effort. However,
since most of us don't have the cycles to change the build system
just now (since the projects we're working on have terrible build
systems :D) we've no choice to wait 'till the change of build
ystem will result in an actual, immediate increase in cycles spent
on producing usable code.

it looks like avalon is currently caught in a programmer's variant on
Murphy's Law...one that's been known to kill companies...massive ones...
rest assured, Jason, it's a priority :)

Yoda yoda yoda :-)

- Leo