avalon-dev mailing list archives

From "Ghorpade, Rajendra" <RGhorp...@onebridge.de>
Subject JdbcDataSource
Date Tue, 19 Mar 2002 11:51:06 GMT
Hello,
	JdbcDataSource can be used as a component to get the JdbcConnections
from the pool. You get a connection by the getConnection() method.
But what if I want to release this connection after I use it. I see in the
code that there is no method in the JdbcDataSource to put the connection
object
back into the pool.
	This can be added if I can extend the JdbcDataSource.So I can add a
method to release it back to the pool as the JdbcConnectionPool has
a protected access.
	It would be nice if this method is added in the JdbcDataSource so it
can be used as is without extending.
Soory if this has been already discussed.
Thoughts?

Raj

Rajendra Ghorpade
   Software Engineer

   OneBridge AG - simplifying voice technologies -
   Friedrich-Ebert-Strasse
   D 51429 Bergisch Gladbach

   Fon:   +49 (0)2204 / 845-118
   Fax:   +49 (0)2204 / 845-101
   Mobil: +49 (0)162/345 0758
   Email: rghorpade@onebridge.de
   Web:   www.onebridge.de

Besuchen Sie uns auf der CeBIT 2002. Sie finden OneBridge in Halle 1 - Stand
8a2 (bei Sun Microsystems).
Die genaue Lage finden Sie auch unter www.onebridge.de/cebit2002. Wir freuen
uns auf Sie!

Visit us at CeBIT 2002 in Hanover. You will find OneBridge in hall 1 - booth
8a2 (at Sun Microsystems).
The exact exhibition point will be shown at www.onebridge.de/cebit2002. Will
see you there!