avalon-dev mailing list archives

From Paul Hammant <Paul_Hamm...@yahoo.com>
Subject website - colors, style, finish
Date Sat, 30 Mar 2002 17:11:16 GMT
Folks,

Were the only project at Apache that keep the
in final
HTML after processing thru stylesheets.  About a year ago there was a
large scale stylesheet replacement at Apache and we noticed a loss of
this title when comparing the old to the new.  Ever since we hastily
resurrected it, it has been yellow, three lines high and 80% of the
available width.  Garish is the word that has always strikes me upon
looking at our docs.

I'd like us to consider going down a more designed road (confession I
have no UI skills).  Attached is an alternate vew that I would find easy
to do in the stylesheets we have.

Thoughts?

Incidentally I have used JTidy to format the HTML.  It is fairly cool,
but Unix like in its love of STDIN and STDOUT, and though that has an
advantage if considered to be a Java styler, it is cumbersome from
command line.   I'll ask that team to consider an Ant taskdef.

- Paul