avalon-dev mailing list archives

From Paul Hammant <Paul_Hamm...@yahoo.com>
Subject Re: [submission] AvalonJ2EE integration framework
Date Sat, 30 Mar 2002 12:39:16 GMT
Vincent,

First glance - it appears your are cementing some things that many of us
have done again and again in in-house bean projects before.. :-)

Thoughts...

1) package name j2ee.   Is that the correct name for something that is
in the 'ejb' scope?

2) legallity.  Apache can't include the ejb jar for compilation purposes
in a source distro.  Same as we can't distribute servlet.jar in a source
distro.  The best we could do is careful use of <available> and a Ant
target or two to get it from a known place.

3) CommonObject as am interface name does not sit well with me.

4) Initialisation seems to be a class.  Apart from the name, would it
not be better to interface/impl separate this and have /an/ impl extend
AbstractEnterpriseBean ?  With two more Session/Entity abstractions
extending it.

5) How are you going to perform the IoC style compose()ing in a bean
container.  Is there a reverse IoC singleton that is called statically
to do the IoC stuff?

6) Lastly, you say 'about to' in terms of use.  Maybe that means that
you 'should do' first even with apache package names, evolve them a
little then bring them back as a submission.  I guess that is your
intention anyway...  you're just peer reviewing now.

Regards,

- Paul