avalon-dev mailing list archives

From Paul Hammant <Paul_Hamm...@yahoo.com>
Subject Re: [Excalibur migration] junit.framework
Date Sat, 30 Mar 2002 12:25:28 GMT
Jeff,

>>Can we have the relevent jar inside our CVS.  We are trying to target
>>off the shelf Ant arn't we...
>>
>>If yes, should it go in all/lib/ ?
>>

>Couldn't you just use the one in jakarta-avalon/tools/lib? Excalibur has
>many dependencies on jars there already, I don't think it will hurt.

Fine by me, but I am deliberately being the newbie at the moment.  Just
doing "ant" at the root of axcalibur after a completely clean
checkout/update.

    [javac] Compiling 10 source files to
C:\Apache-CVS-UPD\jakarta-avalon-excalibur\concurrent\build\classes
    [javac]
C:\Apache-CVS-UPD\jakarta-avalon-excalibur\concurrent\src\test\org\apache\avalon\excalibur\concurrent\test\ReadWriteLock
TestCase.java:10: package junit.framework does not exist
    [javac] import junit.framework.TestCase;

The ant.properties.sample file refers to:
    # ----- JUnit Unit Test Suite, version 3.7 or later -----
    junit.home=${base.path}/junit3.7
    junit.lib=${junit.home}
    junit.jar=${junit.lib}/junit.jar

It does not refer to the relative junit....... :-(

I will fix it unless someone else does or comes up with a justification....

- Paul