avalon-dev mailing list archives

From Paul Hammant <Paul_Hamm...@yahoo.com>
Subject Re: ant.properties
Date Fri, 29 Mar 2002 10:55:19 GMT
Peter,

>Most newbies aren't going to build everything at one pop. I know I haven't
>done it at all except to test that it works. I just go into the required
>product directory and type ant there. I think even newbies are capable of
>reading BUILDING.txt and comprehending it.

With respect, this fails the five second test.

We will have gone from a position of an easy build of a big jar (that
itself being an acceptance problem) to a difficult build of many small
jars.  I think the new MEME to be associated with Avalon would be "I
can't build it, I have no idea what it is or how useful it is".

- Paul