avalon-dev mailing list archives

From Peter Donald <pe...@apache.org>
Subject Re: Release requirements?
Date Sun, 31 Mar 2002 22:05:47 GMT
On Mon, 1 Apr 2002 07:25, Leo Simons wrote:
> There's nothing about JDKs. Should compile & run with version
> 1.3 and 1.4, perhaps?

1.2 is the default target for most things that I am using. The exception
being Phoenix which uses the jdk1.3 proxies and framework that can optionally
build a JDK1.4 Logger if JDK1.4 present.

Is there any other jdk dependencies ?

> Also, should follow that last legal stuff sent out over
> committers@apache.org :)

Which particular bit is that? The excalibur jars all place the LICENSE.txt in
META-INF/, phoenix no longer distributes non-Apache jars.

Some of the other jars that we are using and should not be or should add
license for by the end of the 90 day grace period;

Ones we just need to add licenses for;
jakarta-avalon/tools/lib/junit.jar (IBM Common license)
jakarta-avalon/tools/lib/junitperf.jar (BSD license)
jakarta-avalon/tools/lib/rhino.jar (Mozilla license)
jakarta-avalon/tools/lib/bsf.jar (IBM Common License)
jakarta-avalon-excalibur/all/lib/jdom.jar
jakarta-avalon-apps/db/lib/bsf.jar (IBM Common License)
jakarta-avalon-apps/db/lib/js.jar (Mozilla license)
jakarta-avalon-apps/hsql/lib/hsqldb.jar (???)
jakarta-avalon-apps/enterprise/orb/lib/openorb-1.3.0.jar
jakarta-avalon-apps/enterprise/orb/lib/openorb_tools-1.3.0.jar
jakarta-avalon-apps/enterprise/ots/lib/openorb_ots-1.3.0.jar
jakarta-avalon-apps/enterprise/time/lib/openorb_event-1.3.0.jar

Ones we need to remove;
jakarta-avalon/tools/ext/resolver.jar (in xml-commons now anyway)
jakarta-avalon/tools/ext/jimi.jar
jakarta-avalon-apps/enterprise/ots/lib/jdbc2_0-stdext.jar
jakarta-avalon-apps/enterprise/ots/lib/jjta_1.0.1.jar
jakarta-avalon-apps/enterprise/ots/lib/savepoint.jar

Ones we need to investigate;
jakarta-avalon-excalibur/all/lib/jaxen-full.jar
jakarta-avalon-excalibur/all/lib/saxpath.jar

> On a related note, how do we handle versioning and
> compatibilities (which could get very messy with all
> those jars lying around).

I plan to write a task that automagically generates a manifest that declares
dependencies on other jars via the standard "Optional Packages" mechanism
(previously known as "Extension" mechanism). Actually I have already written
it .. just needs time to dcecouple it from the project it was used in and add
it into ant ;)

> cheers, and happy easter,

back at yah

--