avalon-dev mailing list archives

From Peter Donald <pe...@apache.org>
Subject Release requirements?
Date Sat, 30 Mar 2002 23:21:29 GMT
Hi,

I was thinking about what should be the minimum requirements for us to
release a component from excalibur. I was thinking that the following would
be good as minimum requirements.

* must pass checkstyle with 0 violations (which basically means lots more
javadocing)
* must pass all unit tests
* must have one or more examples showing how to use package
* must not have any circular dependencies in package structure
* must have package.html that describes basic package usage (and possibly
redirects to examples directory for more complete examples)
* must have docs/index.html that describes basic purpose and scope of
component
* should have links to examples/ and package.html from docs/index.html
* should have 0 errors when performing javadoc

Comments?

--
Cheers,

Pete