avalon-dev mailing list archives

From Jeff Turner <j...@socialchange.net.au>
Subject Excalibur: collections and concurrent split off
Date Fri, 29 Mar 2002 12:54:18 GMT
Subject says it all; the collections and concurrent packages have now
been split off into their own components. Neither of them have internal
or external dependencies.

What does this mean?

Practically, it means that next time you try to build all/, it'll break.
You'll have to first build ../collections, ../concurrent and
../instrument.  Running the root build.xml builds components in the
correct order. Building all these dependencies is a PITA to do by hand,
terrible for newbies, and we need to automate it. Ant scripts in the
short term, and something like Maven in the long term. In the really
short term, I've written a README.txt documenting the current situation.

--Jeff