avalon-dev mailing list archives

From Jeff Turner <j...@socialchange.net.au>
Subject Re: Cocoon 4 docs == complex
Date Fri, 22 Mar 2002 05:02:12 GMT
On Fri, Mar 22, 2002 at 03:14:27PM +1100, Peter Donald wrote:
> On Fri, 22 Mar 2002 09:24, Jeff Turner wrote:
> > It would be kinda nice to "outsource" the build system development. Make
> > build system improvements part of another project, not Avalon. Better
> > SoC :)
>
> We can push it into jakarta-site when it is done I guess ;)

Something I only just noticed today: Cocoon and Avalon use a different DTD to
the rest of Jakarta (eg jakarta-site2). The 'stylebook' format is:

<document>
        <header>
        </header>
        <s1 title="...">
                <s2 title="...">
                </s2>
        </s1>
</document>

and the jakarta-site2 format is:

<document>
        <properties>
        </properties>
        <section name="...">
        </section>
</document>

So we couldn't use jakarta-site2 out the box. Anyone know the history of that
change? Or could this be the difference between jakarta-site and jakarta-site2?

> > A possible course of action:
> >
> >  1. We take this Centipede project template, and add a module for
> >    building docs with Anakia or <style>.
>
> Not sure what you mean - isn't centipede cocon only?

Centipede's build.xml uses entities:

<!DOCTYPE project [
<!ENTITY docs-target    SYSTEM "./tools/centipede/targets/docs.xtarget">
]>

<project>
	&docs.target;
</project>

So to replace the Cocoon doc system (docs.xtarget) with an Anakia or

> I would prefer something extremely simple for users. I was going to just do
> an XSL transformation via <style/>. All the products already require xalan
> for generating the junit/jdepend/checkstyle reports so we could reuse that
> and not require any more downloads.

+1

I'll have a play tonight..

--Jeff