avalon-dev mailing list archives

From Peter Donald <pe...@apache.org>
Subject Re: Logkit: org.apache.log.Logger.output(LogEvent)
Date Thu, 21 Mar 2002 22:09:25 GMT
On Wed, 20 Mar 2002 17:58, david.gray@hic.gov.au wrote:
> This method is private however I would like to set the value of time in
> LogEvent to something other than the currentTimeInMillis().

Can you give me an example?

In most cases I would recomend that you instead wrote a "filter" Target that
modified time to the value you want it to be and then passed it onto next
target in chain (ie the real target).

> Is there any reason against making it public?

Well it adds a fair bit to public itnerface and makes things a little slower
as can't be completely inlined. Will the above suggestion work instead ?

--
Cheers,

Pete