avalon-dev mailing list archives

From Peter Donald <pe...@apache.org>
Subject Re: The great excalibur adventure!
Date Thu, 14 Mar 2002 11:56:09 GMT
On Thu, 14 Mar 2002 20:44, Paul Hammant wrote:
> Peter,
>
> My own view is that *no changes* to the source tree are needed.  I think
> it is only an issue for jaring.
>
>   excalibur-logger-4.1.2.jar  etc.
>
> Each time I see a disparate source tree, when one could have done, then
> my heart breaks a little. (Don't beat me with apps/ ;-)

The problem is then it is massively harder for people to come and look at
things and adopt them. I have tried to get people to adopt stuff from
excalibur inside my company but they looked at size of excalibur and
basically said no.

Breaking them down into source tree makes it much easier for people to take
the little bits piecemeal if they want to and need to. Separate sourfce trees
also makes it much easier to develope and track inter-package dependencies.

--
Cheers,

Pete