avalon-dev mailing list archives

From Marcus Crafter <craft...@fztig938.bank.dresdner.net>
Subject Re: Intrumenting Question and Thought
Date Thu, 07 Mar 2002 15:52:36 GMT
On Thu, Mar 07, 2002 at 09:55:53AM -0500, Berin Loritsch wrote:
> How often are profilables registered with the profiler?  The
> question arrizes out of a possibility to make the API a little
> nicer.
>
> If this action happens very often, the API needs to stay the same
> because arrays are more efficient.
>
> However, if the action only happens once in a great while (like
> during initialization), we should take advantage of the Java
> collections API to make things a bit smoother.

	I don't think it's the registration of profilables that would be done
	all that often - it's probably more the traversal of
	profilables/profile points to select which will be sampled, etc.

	Cheers,

	Marcus

     ,,$$$$$$$$$,      Marcus Crafter
    $:         $$$$:   ManageSoft GmbH
     ;$,    _/\ &&:'   60327 Frankfurt Germany
           \_&&&&'
          &&&&.
    &&&&&&&: