avalon-dev mailing list archives

From Jason van Zyl <jvan...@zenplex.com>
Subject Re: Massive! (Re: Maven..)
Date Sun, 24 Mar 2002 13:41:39 GMT
On Sat, 2002-03-23 at 21:24, Jeff Turner wrote:
> The size of Avalon projects has gotten silly.
>
> So yes, a Maven-like system would be *very* appropriate :)

If you want to try maven then you can keep run maven along side your
standard build mechanism. This is what we are doing in Turbine because
Maven can't yet accommodate all the weird things done in the Turbine
builds but maven is almost there.

I would also imagine that you would like to use cocoon to generate your
docs and not dvsl and that's cool. A set of templates could be made that
use cocoon, those templates could be distributed with maven and then
anyone who wants access to a cocoon based documenation system can use
it. We have a set of InstallAnywhere installers so maven is easy to
install and it might be a good way propagate cocoon use. I don't use
cocoon but adding another set of doc build templates to the maven
installer is no biggie.

--
jvz.

Jason van Zyl