avalon-dev mailing list archives

From "Stephen McConnell" <mcconn...@apache.org>
Subject RE: The great excalibur adventure!
Date Thu, 14 Mar 2002 13:35:03 GMT

This is compounded by the fact that Excalibur is somewhat mixed
in terms of "integrity" of what's there.  Its very difficult to
know what the status is of different packages in Excalibur.  Some
packages in scratchpad are preferential to the main source tree,
however other scratchpad packages appear to be historical
artefacts - and its really only possible to find this out by
emailing original contributors.

Exalibur today is not the sword that the name implies.  It is
much more a bunch a daggers, take what you need and do with it
what you will.  Excalibur has the potential to be a sword of
legend, but its not there yet - and recognising the difference
between a sword and a dagger is important.

Cheers, Steve.