avalon-dev mailing list archives

From "Berin Loritsch" <blorit...@apache.org>
Subject RE: cvs commit: jakarta-avalon-excalibur/naming build.xml
Date Thu, 21 Mar 2002 15:06:36 GMT

Now, how do you feel about creating an init task which checks the
GUMP <depends> entries and installs the required libs into the
sub-project lib folder?

It does not change your ant install, and it allows you to get the
jars from a known location.  Even better, It allows you to use
information
that already exists in the GUMP desriptor so that as that is updated,
the init task is also automatically updated.  By minimizing duplication
of information, you minimize the chance that it is not updated in all
the proper places.

> > > junitperf.jar shouldn't be needed ... but the rest of them are.
> > > junitperf.jar could probably be added in wherever it is
> needed. It
> > > is an unfortunate "feature" of ant that these need to be
> in the same
> > > classloader as the rest of the task.
> >
> > There are a few tests in the all subproject that use it.
>
> True but it sjhould not need to go int ant/lib - it should
> just bereferenced
> from whatever project needs it via properties.

I agree